Re: Idle Question About the 485

Bob,

I appreciate the perspective. I know that people love their 485s, and I presume there are good reasons. It really was the best of the line for at least a decade. I'm not sure that I need it for the things I'm doing (retro-micro-computing with 8-bit CPUs and a very occasional 16 mini-computer, or fixing assorted test equipment), but its industrial design is pleasing (but I've scratched that itch with my 7k-series scopes).

I did mention that I'm looking for reasons NOT to bid on this scope, though, right? ;-)

-- Jeff Dutky