Re: Tek VAR Pot Repair Rings

Jim Adney

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 07:30 PM, Dave Casey wrote:

For anyone needing more than just a repair ring, I have a handful of NOS
Tek Made pots in this style. Send your part number requests and I'll see
what I have.
That's a very generous offer and one that we should all keep in mind. I will add, however, that even a new pot may fail in this same way. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the Tek assembly techs knew exactly how tight they could tighten these, but many of us, or previous owners, may have tightened them just a bit too hard. And then there's shrinkage and embrittlement over time, which may be the cause of failure.

If I ever have cause to touch one of these pots, I'd be tempted to add one of the rings, just to avoid future disappointment.