7704A - Delayed Sweep Intensity Too Bright

n4buq

The delayed sweep intensity is way too bright in my 7704A. If I understand it correctly, a time-base sends a signal to the mainframe to indicate the delayed sweep is active and the mainframe knows to make that a higher intensity trace.

Is there a separate adjustment for that intensity? I haven't attempted to set the CRT grid bias and that could be part of the problem but it appears a signal standardizer may be required for that and I don't have one of those and am hoping that I can at least reduce that excessive brightness just a bit without having to get one of those first.

I know this might sound like a "golden screwdriver" sort of thing but if I could just reduce that intensity for now, it would be a big help.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ