Re: Idle Question About the 485

Tom Gardner

The 485 has two separate inputs: 50ohm and 1Mohm//20pF.

The 24x5 have 1Mohm//15pF inputs, and you can add a 50ohm resistor to make that 50ohm//15pF.

By and large, my preference is for two "proper" inputs, or for >4 inputs - as found in a logic analyser or protocol decoder.

On 21/10/21 12:14, Jeff Dutky wrote:
I'm trying to convince myself not to bid on this 485 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/393631311648) which has no bids, mostly because I don't have the cash, but also because I already have a 2465 that I am quite happy with, and that I perceive as an upgraded version of the 485 (it has almost the same bandwidth, 50 ohm input mode, and ALT horizontal mode, along with on-screen readout, cursors, and in my case, a multimeter and counter/timer).

While perusing the TekWiki page for the 485, however, I noticed that the 485, unlike the 465 and 475, does not appear to have a TRIG VIEW feature (or, at least, it doesn't have an obviously labeled button). Is this true? Does the 485 have no way to display, even momentarily, the external trigger signals?