Re: USPS shipments comments

Ken Eckert

I had a very light meter, Huntron Tracker, that I shipped via Canada Post/USPS. The meter arrived with the back of case smashed and a damaged PCB. The box was totally stove in on one side. After much, much hassle (and not helped by an uncooperative recipient) Canada Post coughed up a partial refund on the shipment. And that was with complete documentation.

They didn't do more since "I didn't pack for machine handling of the package" Bloody hell, the damage was from being crushed. I have packed stuff for years, that damage was not from machine handling.

In talking with our UPS driver, he worked for a while in the warehouse, he watched package handlers deliberately damage shipments by dropping, throwing or hitting packages. The supervisors do nothing.