Re: 577 D2 Display Issues

@gmilliorn

Cleaning the contamination everywhere, and replacing the pots in the 577 HV
driver did not fix the display, so I managed to get a rackmount 5110 at auction.
It has a crisp stable display.

Looking inside, I see that the display half is nearly literally the top half of the 577 D2,
just as Andy mentioned. The only differences I see are the calibrator loop and that the
connections to the HV board are directly wired instead of pin connectors (cost savings,
I guess).

Given the soot that was all over my HV board, I'm inclined to perhaps just transplant
the tube and the board. The schematics seem identical, unless I'm missing something
I'd only have to convert the cables to connector pins. Has anyone tried that as well?