Re: Type 284 Pulse Generator strange output.

Michael Perkins

Folks,
Risetime and bandwidth are related by a simple relation: BW= 0.35/
risetime. For a 350 MHz bandwidth, the risetime needs to be 1nS. For a 60
MHz bandwidth, you should expect a 5.83 nS risetime.
Mike

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 10:46 AM Tom Lee <tomlee@ee.stanford.edu> wrote:

By the way, I've been assuming that you're properly terminating both
pulsers. Improper terminations can make a big difference.
(I didn't pay close attention to the thread, so sorry if this was
already discussed.)

Tom

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee
Allen Ctr., Rm. 205

On 10/14/2021 09:43, Tom Lee wrote:
Hi Jared,

The pulsers have rise times that are much, much faster than your
scope's, so any differences between the pulsers can't be seen by your
scope (which is why one needs a fast scope to resolve details of a
fast input signal). So what you see cannot be attributed to the
pulsers -- you're seeing your scope's limitations, not differences in
details in input pulse shape. As far as your scope is concerned, it is
being driven by infinitely fast pulses. It doesn't matter if one
pulser is "doubly infinitely" fast compared to the other.

-- Cheers,
Tom