Re: Series 71 Switch Repiar

Bruce,

Good to know, for several reasons: first, my original plan was to epoxy the switch body back in place after cutting the heat staked pins, and trying to free the stuck switch with silicone would probably foreclose that option. I'm leaning toward reattaching the switch body with screws and nuts, however, because it will give me better control of downward pressure. Second (off topic), I've been experimenting with casting replacement knobs, and I've been very unhappy with the mold release compound that I've been using (my epoxy casts have been sticking to the molds so that the only way to remove them has been to destroy the mold), and silicone lubricant may be a solution to that problem.

-- Jeff Dutky