Re: 2445B vertical non-linearity other issues.

Harvey White

Part of the reply is to help you, if needed, and the other part is to help people who may want a take on the problem itself when they search the topic.   If I get it wrong, then the corrections are useful.

if it's the hybrid, the rebake program is problematical, from what I remember.  I don't have a 2465 of any variety, but I do have a 2430A as a second/third/etc scope.  Most of what  I do works well enough with workable 7904's and the occasional 7103/4. My portable scopes (468, 2430A, and a digital japanese scope) top out at about 150 Mhz.

Good luck.  As I understand it, be careful when replacing the hybrid.

Harvey

On 10/4/2021 8:11 PM, Robin Szemeti wrote:
Yep, I am familiar with class A/B amp biasing .. I have built "a few" audio amplifiers.

There is only one resistor, R401 I Bias, that seems relevant. From other threads it looks like the fault with this device usually lies on the thick film itself. It seems in the past, there was a re-bake programme for these devices which recovered 70% of them ... but I'll check R401 and see what gives ...