From: "Barry" <n4buq@knology.net>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 8:38:15 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 7704A Vertical Amplifier Issues

Mark,

Thanks for the explanation. That really helps.

I checked C to B for the output transistors in the IC and those appear to be
good. I also checked E to B for the input transistors and those also appear
to be good (although the junction voltage showed to be about 700 mV which
wasn't low enough to cause the Fluke diode check function to "beep").

When I was seeing a trace and, apparently, R4419 was not overheating at that
time, it was "squished" vertically to about 1 cm high and off center. The
POSITION knob on the plugin would only move the trace up and down about 2 or
3 mm. I tried the centering pot (R4493) and that had little to no effect
and that still makes me worry that the IC is bad but I won't know for sure
until I get the Q4420 circuit reinstalled.

The parts for the Q4420 circuit are due in today so I should have that
together soon and can test the overall functionality.

Thanks again,
Barry - N4BUQ