From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ke-Fong Lin
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 8:07 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Recreating an old board for the 7854

A huge thanks to Andy, Ke-Fong lin, and Holger for helping me get this
project off the ground and on to a PCB. Your assistance and input is
greatly appreciated and immeasurably helpful in getting the layout to this point.
I've not done much :)

I've taken a look at your board, 2 comments regarding the edge connector:

1) Maybe add a chamfer to edge connector. It will probably work without, but this will help insertion. A29 board features a round chamfer, 45 degree ("triangular") made with "edge cut" lines will do.

2) The footprint I've provided you, should have a 1.2mm bevel and it seems to be in you rev4 board. This is a bit JLCPCB specific. JLCPCB requires a 1.2mm if a 45 degree bevel is requested. If you do not plan about using JLCPCB and the bevel option, this is not needed. A29 board doesn't feature a 45 degree bevel.

This 2 pictures should made things clearer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDlkj7GSM6sNyEAblNunMdKr63r81KbJ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-6acsepNHd7lOre10XEWXjB3mEG5nbis/view?usp=sharing

Also, double check the width of the margins.

Hope you can have a "first pass" success for your board :)

Best regards,