Re: 577 D2 Display Issues

@gmilliorn

While cleaning soot off of everything, I pulled the CRT connector off the back and an
orange plastic segment crumbled to dust. The connector still has a visible key but the CRT
doesn't, so I guess that was the pin 1 indicator. The tube now only has a white silicone
coating and center post.

I reassembled it (fortunately I took a picture) and it works about the same as before. This
time I could hear a high whine. I can see sparks on the intensity pot when I turn it. The
neon lamps fire if I turn it too low.

I guess this soot is all over the pots (they are open frame) and they all
need to be replaced.