Re: 7704A (et. al.) Inverter Regulator Question

Mark Vincent

Barry,

Goran is right about that area. VR3147 being open will throw the circuit off. C3127 and C3129 are marked ,1mfd. Some models use 1mfd in this place. I have replaced mine with the 1mfd 63V film types because the ESR of the originals was too high causing too much ripple and low B+. After replacing the parts, the B+ voltages at the pins on the 0067 IC were correct. These parts can be checked while the parts you have on order are being shipped. I also replaced the 1 and 2mfd electrolytics on the inverter board with film types of a higher voltage. The originals were bad in mine.

Mark