Re: 465M

Bert Haskins

On 9/13/2021 12:16 PM, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 10:57 AM, Michael wrote:

I have owned one for many years. It still works perfectly. I mainly use it for
stereo and hf transceiver repair work.
Oh, Yes. Even though they are not as rugged as the other 4XX series, they are lighter and just as competent in performance. TEK certainly did not cheap out in the performance department. I like my 455 for many tasks and find it to be a fine scope as well.
I have had a total of six.

Now it's one plus a parts mule which could be restored if I could find a handle with all hardware.

The one that's complete serves mainly as a display for any of my many curve tracers.

A huge advantage of the 465M is that if it's the lower scope in a stack, you don't have to worry about blocking any heat vents.

Every one of these had bad 2.0 and 2.2 caps in the horizontal power supply section!

- Bert