Re: "mottled effect" on anodized front panel

Chris Wilkson

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 09:34 AM, Tom Norman wrote:

The
product I used is called Novus, but I don't recall if it was the #2 or #3 (#3
is least aggressive).

Slight correction...Novus #3 is the MOST aggressive. Beware!

Novus #1 is for cleaning and polishing. It's non-abrasive and pretty safe.
Novus #2 is for fine scratch removal and heavy cleaning. It is mildly abrasive and will damage fine finishes and artwork.
Novus #3 is for heavy scratch removal. VERY ABRASIVE!! It will destroy the finish and remove artwork completely.

Novus is great for restoration and maintenance. Used extensively in pinball and video arcade hobbies and some automotive applications.
Always start with #1. Use #2 gently to remove fine scratches and blemishes. #3 is rarely used...only in extreme restoration cases.