Re: "mottled effect" on anodized front panel

Roy Morgan <k1lky68@...>

Sparky99,

I have an R-390A receiver whose front panel has a circular grove worn deep into the front panel around the main tuning knob. This shows countless hours of use, more likely years, in signal intercept work.

Some folks might want to repair and refinish the panel to like-new condition, but I regard the deep shiny groove as a badge of courage and unusually long service in the line of duty.

Maybe your scope's mottled panel could be seen in a similar way.

Roy Morgan
K1LKY Western Mass

On Sep 11, 2021, at 5:38 AM, Sparky99 <jnolan@...> wrote:

´╗┐Hi everyone, I recently made a really great purchase of a Tektronix 536 ... 5 plug-ins
the scope has a slightly mottled effect on the anodized front panel.