FG502 No wave

Chris van Lint

All,

I have been following the thread related to the FG502 with no working FREQUENCY control with great interest and I was both impressed and encouraged by the large number of responses from members who are obviously quite familiar with this unit.

I have a FG502, which initially had a power supply problem.  I fixed this by replacing one of the 741 and it was running great, until recently when all of a sudden there was no output at all.

I have checked the+20V, -20V, +17V and -17V supplies and they are all spot on.  I understand from the "theory of operation" that all output waveforms are derived from the triangle generator.  I have to confess that understanding exactly how this waveform is generated with those CRs is a tad beyond my paygrade and I would be grateful for some advice from those who understand this stuff.

Where is the earliest point in the triangle generator, I should be able to see this signal on my scope.

Perhaps a stupid question, the circuit diagram shows a square wave at R255.  Is that wave there even if the triangle is not being generated.

Any other advice on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.