Re: 606B X-Y display jitter

saipan59 (Pete)

Me again. I spoke too soon - it's back!
BUT this time I think there is proof that it's a display issue.
The objects that I'm drawing on the screen are one at the bottom, and one near the upper-right corner.
I just discovered that if I move the vertical position (a trimmer in the front panel) up a cm or so, the jitter stops! Move it back down, and the jitter returns.

As I mentioned yesterday, the entire display does not wiggle - it's usually just portions of the objects I'm drawing, and in particular the first 2 or 3 lines in the objects. SO, I'm thinking some sort of "instability" in the deflection circuit, influenced by the signal itself.
This display has a bunch of trimmers - I'll investigate if something is out of whack.

Pete