Re: Another solution for the 547 HV transformer problem

Morris Odell

Hi Dave,

You could put a resistor in series with the anode supply but I suspect it might lead to HV variations with intensity as the beam current changes. That would affect the deflection factors and thus the calibration. I like Deon's solution of removing few turns from the overwind. This method might be amenable to other models too if the ratio of turns between the cathode and grid windings are suitable. Testing with a low voltage is a useful way to check that.

Morris