Re: Scopes in nuclear testing - was Re: [TekScopes] Tek 7103 found at auction in NM

Greg Muir

I picked up several 500 series scopes several decades ago directly from the then Rocky Flats nuclear trigger processing plant in Colorado. It turned out that one of them was quite smoked up from apparently being in a fire. I had remembered that there was a news story a few years earlier where the evacuation ductwork in one of the Plutonium processing buildings had caught fire and everything in the structure was contaminated. I was preparing for a move so packed the scopes in crates and to this time I still haven’t brought them out to see the light of day.

Always wondering if……

Greg