Re: OT- Need some info on special screw head(I've done more research)

Jim Ford

Ah yes, I bought ceramic screwdrivers from Vessel for an employer 15-20 years ago.  We were adjusting coils in an oscillator, and regular metallic screwdrivers skewed the frequency, and as soon as you moved them away, it would shift again.   Very difficult to adjust properly until we got the Vessel ceramic tools.        Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Karin Johnson <karinann@tampabay.rr.com> Date: 8/20/21 9:06 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] OT- Need some info on special screw head(I've done more research) First off thank you for the many replies.  I did some more research and found that the screw head type is called "Micro Stix".  I am guessing that this type is licensed or developed by a Japanese company called "OSG System Products".  Amazon has a variety of tools that will fit this screw head.The specific security head type is called 3ULR.  There are a few different sizes of the 3ULR pattern.  Also another Japanese company, "Vessel", has a variety of screw driver tools that will fit these screws.  I've ordered three of them of different sizes to make sure I have the proper one that fits the battery.Some of the responders have correctly identified the usage. It is on a Yaesu VX-5R handi talkie.Again, thanks to all who came to my help request.Karin