Re: What to do with these files?

Paul Amaranth

I'm getting a number of votes for TekWiki, so I will do that as well.

I'll post them up after I reformat my old web pages into a pdf to
go along with them. Probably take a couple days as I have some
higher priority tasks right now.

I also want to validate any of the links; I wrote that seven (!)
years ago and the web has changed a lot since then.

Gad, has that 2432a been sitting in the repair queue that long? ...

thanks

Paul

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:47:37AM -0400, Dave Daniel wrote:
And TekWiki.

DaveD

On 7/29/2021 11:33 AM, Ken Eckert wrote:
Why not both sites, it give a measure of backup...

On Thursday, July 29, 2021, Paul Amaranth <paul@auroragrp.com> wrote:

Back before I shut down my company, I hosted a set of web pages
covering things I had learned about the Tekmate add-on processor.
The 2402 added some capabilities to the 2400 series of DSOs
including FFT, storing waveforms, etc. Given the record size,
it was a bit limited, but still nice to have.

The web pages included the elusive software files and information
to actually make the thing [somewhat] useful. I haven't looked
recently, but you could find the Tekmate pretty cheap, but
nobody had the program files.

Anyway, long story short, I closed up shop and shut down the
web server. I just got a query on these files and it occured
to me that I should put them somewhere useful. The only
thing questionable about it is, of course, the files are
Copyright by Tektronix. AFAIK, I was the only source for
free distribution of this software.

Haha, I just looked and current ebay asking prices on the
2402A are around $200. I just bought a 1GHz Lecroy 4 channel
scope for $300. I remember paying around $50 for my tekmates.
People are nuts :-)

Anyway, archive.org has snapshots of the web pages, but they did
not archive the .zip files containing the software.

I'll be happy to load the files into either the files section
or to K04BB, whatever people would want. I'm not really
interested in running a web server at this point.

So, what should I do with them?

Paul

!DSPAM:6102cda616331373813303!