Re: TM 504 Power Module Questions

Tom Lee

The standard cable was good old generic RG-174, which is 50 ohms.

-- Cheers,
Tom

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee
Allen Ctr., Rm. 205

On 7/14/2021 19:01, Dave Daniel wrote:
Ah, yes! I had forgotten the name. Thanks.

I still don’t know the characteristics of that coax. Perhaps I will get a chance to measure them someday.

DaveD

On Jul 14, 2021, at 21:36, Tom Lee <tomlee@ee.stanford.edu> wrote:

See https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Peltola_connector

Ron Peltola devised this clever interconnect solution.

Cheers
Tom

Sent from my iThing, so please forgive brevity and typos

On Jul 14, 2021, at 17:53, Dave Daniel <kc0wjn@gmail.com> wrote:

Some of the 73xx (maybe other 7xxx ‘scopes as well) used “strange” small-diameter coax for interconnects, with small concentric gd-plated connectors. I have no idea what the characteristic impedance of these interconnects are. There is a photo on TekWik which shows these - white with spiral colored stripes.

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/7623#/media/File:7623-left.jpg

I wonder if these are what was used for the aforementioned interconnects.

DaveD

On Jul 14, 2021, at 20:38, Jeff Dutky <jeff.dutky@gmail.com> wrote:
Cory,

For the internal coax connections you can use one of the smaller diameter coax cable types: RG174/U, RG178/U, or RG316/U (and possibly others). I've bought all of the above from various sources, including Mouser, JameCo, and Amazon. For the short hop from the backplane to the rear connectors I doubt that it makes much difference which kind you use (but I'm not an expert on this, so I stand ready to receive correction).

-- Jeff Dutky