Re: A high-priced Tektronix RM504

Dave Seiter

"Commonly referred to as O-scopes"  Really, by who?  I don't think I've ever heard anyone call them "o-scopes".  At least not here in the valley.  Maybe that's what they call them at Sothebys?
One of my nixie counters has a "spacecom" tag on it, but I don't think it has any other tags.  I do have some ex-NASA stuff (tagged), but probably not very interesting.
-Dave

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 07:10:57 PM PDT, stevenhorii <sonodocsch@gmail.com> wrote:

This is one of the (potentially) higher-priced Tek 504s I've seen (it is an RM504) and undoubtedly was NASA property, but it is not a flight item:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2021/space-exploration/oscilloscope-telemetry-control-panel

A fellow space collector has put his Apollo computer up for sale in this auction. It will likely go for a LOT of money. This is the only Apollo computer that has successfully been run so many years after it was built. It comes with a replica DSKY so you can run code on it (it does not have the core rope memory modules - it does have Raytheon test connectors presumably so Raytheon could run tests on different software versions without having different core ropes made.

Steve Horii