Re: What do you do when you get a call from AUSTRALIA

Nenad Filipovic

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 6:37 AM Dennis Tillman W7pF <dennis@ridesoft.com> wrote:
Give me a few days to get caught up
Dennis Tillman W7pF
Thank you for your concern!!!
That really means a lot to me.
I'm happy to be back!!!
Who was it that called me all the way from Australia. I need to thank them
personally.
Hi Dennis, I'm glad you're OK and back with us. I second everything the rest of the group has said, especially the invitation to reach out. I hope the number of replies in this thread is enough of a proof that even if you don't feel like it (socializing), group members won't forget about you and will give comfort and support.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 04:13 AM, cheater cheater wrote:
I wanted to suggest something else, too. If we're feeling a bit more
generous with our contacts here, maybe we should also consider a voice
and real-time chat option to talk. I suggest setting up a Discord
server. If people here are OK with this idea I will post a link to a
discord server. It doesn't cost anything. Just want to know if people
are fine with it.
I think this may be a very good idea. Compared to other voice/video messengers, Discord is less invasive and gives the ability to limit yourself only to those features you find suitable (e.g. only chat and messages if voice/video calls are too much hassle for you). It might bring modern air to the group and serve multiple purposes - people would be able to assist each other in real time and with the aid of a camera, or just use the plain old text chat. Would be good to hear what think, perhaps it deserves a thread of its own?

Best regards,
Nenad FIlipovic