Re: TDS-540B Repair?

Stephen Hanselman

Yes they are pricey, but the kit is well built with excellent instructions. Their display is a bit sharper than the CRT especially when the CRT is in decline.

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC

On Jul 12, 2021, at 15:24, Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@gmail.com> wrote:

I borrowed my friends scope in the meantime. It is a small LCD. It is
cool, but feels like a downgrade in quality of the scope. I love the
precision of the 540.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 3:11 PM Jim Ford <james.ford@cox.net> wrote:

Another issue is space. Sure, I'd love to have multiple parts mules for
every piece of gear I own, but where the hell would I put it all? Property
values are so high here in Southern California that most of us don't have
much of it. OTOH, a new LCD replacement for a CRT would take up zero extra
space. Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Roy Thistle <
roy.thistle@mail.utoronto.ca> Date: 7/12/21 2:48 PM (GMT-08:00) To:
TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] TDS-540B Repair? On Mon, Jul
12, 2021 at 02:33 PM, Stephen Hanselman wrote:>> These are great mods>Yes,
but pricey... they're called "NewScope LCD kit" For the price, I'd rather
get "Another Scope Kit"... and take the parts from that mule.But if money
is no object... go for it.They have kits for HP scopes too.-- Roy Thistle