Re: TDS-540B Repair?

Stephen Hanselman

http://www.simmconnlabs.com/2001/2094.html Is the company I use. I’ve done just over a dozen all worked great.

My only issue was the first TDS-540C I did, I think (yup I forgot) that the instructions told me to leave the old glass off. Looked a bit tacky so when I did my personal one I modified the support frame, cutting and placing padding) so I could leave the glare cutting glass in place. Looks better and works fine..

If you happen to have a 8566 the mod gets you a slightly bigger screen but you have to exchange the bezel Assembly. A little extra on this one, the old astigmatism control now switch’s the display through 4 color formats.

These are great mods can’t say enough good things!

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC

On Jul 12, 2021, at 07:42, Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, I did not know such a thing existed. Linky?

Chris KQ6UP

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 7:23 AM Stephen Hanselman <kc4sw.io@kc4sw.com> wrote:

Buy the LCD replacement soooo much easier.

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC
On Jul 12, 2021, at 05:13, Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@gmail.com> wrote:
The CRT went intermittent with brightness and vertical spread last week. I put it in my car hopping that a friend of mine would take a look at it. He did not want to bother, so it rode around in my car in the heat. The hot bumpy car ride seems to have fixed it at least temporarily, so it could be something simple like card contacts a little dirty. It also took an ESD hit on channel 1. The channel still works, but is no longer high impedance. Was wondering if there is a good tech in the SoCal area. If not, I am willing to box it up and send it to one based on recommendations.

Thanks,
Chris Maness