Re: Dennis Tillman

Yeah, a fall detector is definitely something you should buy if you're
concerned. It doesn't cost so much and it's definitely comforting and
helpful.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 10:06 AM Tom Gardner <tggzzz@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12/07/21 02:53, Richard R. Pope wrote:
I am up there in years and my body no longer works correctly. I could easily
fall and hurt myself and not be able to call for help!
That's a common problem. Over here there are services where you have button on
your wrist or around your neck, and a box connected to the phone line. If you
press the button it calls a service centre and someone comes to help. My mother
had one for years, and it was a great comfort to ME :)

There are also many other devices available, e.g. those which sense movement in
the building (to verify you are up and about) and accelerometers that detect falls.