Re: Dennis Tillman

Tom Gardner

On 12/07/21 02:53, Richard R. Pope wrote:
I am up there in years and my body no longer works correctly. I could easily fall and hurt myself and not be able to call for help!
That's a common problem. Over here there are services where you have button on your wrist or around your neck, and a box connected to the phone line. If you press the button it calls a service centre and someone comes to help. My mother had one for years, and it was a great comfort to ME :)

There are also many other devices available, e.g. those which sense movement in the building (to verify you are up and about) and accelerometers  that detect falls.