From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jean-Paul
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 7:27 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 7603 P.S. cans, slow warm-up and focus control

Mark: My 7603 is like all other TEK scopes I have, normal warmup time.

Your symptoms sound like old caps in LV and HV PS, also check the Z axis circuit.

WHY did the focus pot burn: A big clew !

Suggest to get a HV probe or VOM DVM adapter, and go thru all voltages in the HV/CRT ckt.

The HV transformers are suspect on some old TEK scopes due to cracking or deteriorating insulation.

Bon Chance

Jon