Re: My 475

Rey,

When you say that "the screen lites up" what do you mean by that? Are you saying that you have two straight lines, but when you apply a signal to either input channel you don't get any vertical deflection of either trace?

As other's have said, the first step in any diagnosis like this is to check the power supply voltages. This is easy to do on the 475 as there are labeled test points on the main interface board for each power supply rail.

I will hold my own speculation about what the fault might be until after we find out what the power supply voltages are.

-- Jeff Dutky