Re: My 475

Dave Peterson

Just scanned the 475 SM online doc. I didn't find a diagnosis chart - is that not in the online 475 manual?

Wanted to throw this in the suggestion box - after checking and verifying the LV supplies: check F1318 at the rear of the main board - near the transformer. This drives the HV oscillator and the tantalum 47uF cap on the other side of the fuse is a somewhat common short. It's a relatively easy fix. Don't bypass the fuse if it's out, check for a shorted C1318. That'll take down the CRT without affecting the LV supplies and other indicators.

Dave

On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 9:47:36 AM PDT, Rey via groups.io <cis181ellin=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi guys, my first post here looking for answer I found this place. I'm looking for a bit of guidance, my 475 just quit it was working fine. Both channels are gone, no beam find. Every switch light works, the screen lites up. But no trace out of either channel.  I'm a hobbiest and I understand that electrical things do weird things.  But any ideas and/or pointers would be appreciated. I already downloaded the schematic.
Thanks