Re: Remove Face Plate from 7000-series Plug-in

Stephen

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 08:41 AM, Jeff Dutky wrote:

Okay, I think that part of my problem is that I didn't remove every fitting
that actually needed to be removed. I'm specifically having trouble with the
POSITION/Vc REF-IDENT knob/switch. Loosening the knob's set screw released the
knob from its shaft, but it is still trapped by the Vc REF-IDENT pushbutton,
which I can't seem to remove. Again, maybe I'm just not applying enough (or
the proper) force, but I am hesitant to break anything. Does anybody know what
the trick is to removing the Vc REF-IDENT pushbutton?

-- Jeff Dutky
First of all, never use too much force. That push button is just pressed in, nothing else. It should come out quite easily. If it doesn’t, don’t force it out. Instead, gently pry the know out, 1/10 of a mm at a time. It will eventually take the button out with it on its way. You could also use a plastic pair of pliers, not to damage the button, and very gently pull it off its shaft. And you can use some all-in-one oil too.
No matter what you do, don’t force it.

Hope that helps.