Re: Can CTS capability be added to a 2465B

Alex

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 01:42 AM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 06:48 AM, Jean-Paul wrote:
I would keep this one as is and look out for one with CTT installed and
CALed.
It certainly would be safest and easiest to follow this advice. The CTT's
resolution is limited and as said before, no automatic voltage measurement of
an input signal.
Personally, for general use I'd prefer a 2247A over the much revered
2445/2465/2467 family, except for bandwidth.

Raymond
Gentlemen, thank you for all the input on the CTT board upgrade.

So it looks like I will keep using my 2247A when accurate and fully automatic measurements of voltages, frequency, etc are required. I was hoping to improve upon the current shortcomings of the parametric measurements in the 2465B, but if even after upgrading with a CTT board the added features would still not include any automatic voltage measurements than it certainly does not seem to make much sense to move ahead with it, not to mention all the other possible X factors as described here that might get in the way of getting everything to work properly.

Thanks again.