Re: PG506 repair question.

Michael W. Lynch

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 10:37 AM, SCMenasian wrote:

I agree. eBay has proven to be a great resource for me. One has to be very
careful. I avoid everything Chinese or listings which appear to be Chinese. I
have found a number of trustworthy suppliers. They often deal in surplus
manufacturer's inventory. Examine the photos carefully. If they don't show the
actual item(s), be careful. eBay has good buyer protection policies. If you
don't get the item pictured, you can generally get your money back unless the
listing states that the pictured item is one of many and is meant to be
representaive. For example, I recently bought a lot of NOS Motorola MJE2955s
in unopened Motorola sealed packaging for my TM500 series mainframes at a very
reasonable price. Generally, buying in quantity helps with pricing since
shipping one or two can oftern cost as much as the parts. (and not worrying
about running out of inventory for future repairs).
I agree. If one is careful, E-Bay is a treasure trove of "unobtanium". Just be wary of anything Chinese in origin, lots of counterfeit parts from China.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR