Re: PG506 repair question.

SCMenasian

I agree. eBay has proven to be a great resource for me. One has to be very careful. I avoid everything Chinese or listings which appear to be Chinese. I have found a number of trustworthy suppliers. They often deal in surplus manufacturer's inventory. Examine the photos carefully. If they don't show the actual item(s), be careful. eBay has good buyer protection policies. If you don't get the item pictured, you can generally get your money back unless the listing states that the pictured item is one of many and is meant to be representaive. For example, I recently bought a lot of NOS Motorola MJE2955s in unopened Motorola sealed packaging for my TM500 series mainframes at a very reasonable price. Generally, buying in quantity helps with pricing since shipping one or two can oftern cost as much as the parts. (and not worrying about running out of inventory for future repairs).