Re: 7104 versions, and vertical amplifier issue

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 07:53 PM, cmjones01 wrote:

I have other 7A29s which I've used with my 7904A and 7912AD,and their
attenuator switches have been troublesome. The plastic cams crack so
the whole thing won't rotate properly any more. On at least one I
repaired them with epoxy a few years ago and they're still working
fine.
I have the same experience and have used epoxy to repair them as well.
As a preventative measure against breakage and after repair, I applied a tiny amount of grease on the cams, to reduce the forces on the roller while being lifted by the cam. This has helped to prevent breakage in at least two of my 7A29's so far.

Raymond