Re: 7104 versions, and vertical amplifier issue

cmjones01

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 5:35 PM Jean-Paul <jonpaul@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
Rebonjour à tous

Bon courage, sure you will fix it,
Thank you!

The 7A29 have very special elastomeric switches AC/DC and attenuator that are prone to intermittents.

Use special precautions in cleaning as per manual.
I have other 7A29s which I've used with my 7904A and 7912AD,and their
attenuator switches have been troublesome. The plastic cams crack so
the whole thing won't rotate properly any more. On at least one I
repaired them with epoxy a few years ago and they're still working
fine. The two 7A29s which came with this scope do have slightly stiff
attenuator switches so I'll treat them with care until I can fix them
properly. I'm especially pleased to have got the opt.4 version with
the variable delay.

PS This fine instrument is a real classic, the fastest analog CRT scope ever, originally for US AEC nuclear weapons testing. We are very lucky to have such a great design revitalized and in our labs. Vive la Tektronix !
Though I have digital scopes, I don't think I'll ever give up on the
analogue ones. For troubleshooting, even of modern high-speed digital
systems, the analogue scope's trace gives me so much information with
so little effort that it's hard to replace.