Re: Type 284

Chris van Lint

Gidday,

As I mentioned, I am downsizing.  I have a 284 in perfect working condition and before ditching the non working one I thought to check if someone wants to have a go at fixing it. I think I have got a prospect in Melbourne.

Cheers,

Chris

On 16/06/2021 06:09, Stephen Bell wrote:
Why not try fixing it? The 284 is a very useful piece of gear for calibrating or adjusting high performance scopes.

I repaired mine a couple of days ago and it wasn't too difficult - just cleaning up a few switch connections and the internal connections in the air line.

If you do part it out definitely save the air line with the tunnel diode assembly and termination resistor assembly. Both items are unobtainium and I am sure another forum member could use these to repair their own 284s.