Re: 2465 Blank screen when warm

Paul Amaranth

I recently corresponded with Ram and he has a newer version in the
works with a couple of tweaks to more completely emulate the U800.
Don't know when that will be available and the current supply chain
mess can't be helping that. If some of those opamps go out of stock
it may be 2022 or 2023 before they're available again (if then).

Paul

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 01:11:43PM -0700, Jeff Dutky wrote:
Here is the eBay page for the RU800 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/154246923795) but it's currently out of stock.

Here is the creator's YouTube video where he demonstrates the circuit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfc_z2FNeb8

The RU800 is based on previous work done by Thomas Lafay (https://www.davmar.org/TE/Tek2465/lafay.html) but has some enhancements compared to Lafay's circuit.

I have corresponded with the designer of the RU800 as recently as a couple of months ago through his YouTube account, so he's still active. I don't know if he as plans to build and sell any more RU800s, but you could ask him.

-- Jeff Dutky

!DSPAM:60aeab8d148491709916942!