Re: Added lots of Hp/Tek spares plus a new category, AC Power to stuff season + Tek blue paint details

kim.herron@sbcglobal.net

IF somebody can find that formula, it should be posted in
the Tekwiki site.
Then ANYBODY could go to a Sherwin Williams store
and get that made up.
With the formula they can make as little as a pint of paint
and load it in spray cans
That would solve the "Where can I get paint for my Tek
scope?" I've used that
paint on 2200 series scope cases and it works JUST
FINE!

On 24 May 2021 at 18:17, Dave Daniel wrote:

Somewhere in the archives is a post that has the particular color
formula for Tektronix paint.

DaveD

On May 24, 2021, at 17:52, kim.herron@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I have some of that paint and it came from Stan Griffiths.
The paint color is Williamsburg Blue. Stan had that
matched to Tek scopes. I'm not sure if the Williamsburg
Blue is a stock Sherwin Williams color. It could be as I'm
sure that Tek probably got the paint from S/W. I had
them match me the three colors for Collins S-Line paint
That was at a local store here in Grand Rapids MI. They
probably don't have the formula any more as they don't
keep custom formulas for a LONG time. If Stan had that
custom matched, S/W had a policy of not releasing the
formula for the mix to anyone but the customer that
had it made up. Maybe that's changed too. But who
knows. The store where he had it made up would be the
best bet on the formula.

On 24 May 2021 at 14:14, walter shawlee wrote:

We have been busy adding lots of support parts, and lowering
the
cost of ones tha thave been sitting a while, . Alos, I had many
requests for more variable AC power supplies and Variacs like
the
custom HP unit we had up last month, so we have added a new
category:

https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.html#acpower

I will keep adding items to it as I find them. Let me know if
any
more specific requests,

On the Tek blue paint issue, the stuff I use, which is a
perfect
match for color and luster is marked as follows:
OMNI-PAK
Master Blend
EZ-Touch

the specific blend label says:
OPEX L61 Lacquer
L61XXL42-4383
Tek Blue
05/05/2011 (when I got mine)
Portland Commercial #4383
to reorder (503) 249-0222

I think several of us got paint at the same time some years ago,
this is all the data to get more, assuming they are still in
business.
it is excellent paint, the match is incredible.
shipping, however, is a total nightmare.

all the best,
walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research corp.
https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/index.html