Re: 547 Restoration conundrum #photo-notice

Jason A.

Hi Morris,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes I have given that a try as well, but sadly that makes everything go askew. I set it with the input shorted to get a straight line across the center graticule and it appears the trace rotation is set correctly to get the tops and bottoms of the waveforms where they need to be.

I keep wondering if the shield around the picture tube is maybe somehow magentized or something like a trimmer capacitor on one of the horizontal stages (generator/amplifier) is throwing things off.

It is really something of a head-scratcher.

Thank you and best regards,
Jason