Converting a rack to a bench

Dave Peterson

I'm looking through my 5440 instruction manual and looking at the instrument conversion/rack mounting instructions. It says field conversion kits are available.

Well this is from the 70's, and I'm sure Tektronix is no longer providing these kits. I'm also guessing equipment was generally sold in bench cabinets, and what the manual is referring to is a rack conversion kit. Was there ever such a thing as a bench conversion kit?

I just bought a rack configured 5111A. Are there kits out in the world to convert a rack configuration to a bench cabinet?

I suspect it's just a matter of finding a gutted 5000 series scope.

Dave