Re: SA 492P with probe P6201

J Mcvein

Set the blue box for AC coupling, no DC offset. ext term., you should be set. -J-

-----Original Message-----
From: "Attilio" <a.alovisetti@alice.it>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 10:14am
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] SA 492P with probe P6201

Hi all, I have repaired my SA 492P and am using it with the TR503 (re-converted from TR502, modification made for use with the 7L13 on mainframe 7613), I saw that on the back of the 492P there is a LEMO connector for power an active probe.
I have an active P6201 probe, can I use it connected to the 492P? I should use a DC blocker between the probe output and the RF input of the 492P, but is this enough not to damage the 1st Mixer of the 492P? What setting should I use on the probe?
If you have any advice on using the P6201 probe that would be great.

Thanks for your attention.

-- Cheers
Attilio