Re: Looking for sensitive audio RMS meter

Liam Perkins

And no, the thread is not exactly about Tek, by whom my just mentioned
friend was educated in her youth, it's about T & M issues. I intended to
mention that I lately got some LSK389 dual, low-noise JFET samples from
Linear as they designed that part at Tek's behest when the 2N5565 used in
the Q133A & B positions in the 5- & 7A22 diff plug-in became unavailable. I
had great hopes as it's a great part but alas the 2N5565 was alsoa great
part so the swap didn't produce noticeable improvement.

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 8:47 PM Bill Perkins <hifi@telus.net> wrote:

I linked to my page in respect of -noise measurement-, vacuum tube
equivalent input noise measurement to be specific.
Your snake oil -opinions- you are free to take up with my 100s of
satisfied end users over a 15 year period.
And at 71 years of age, that is my final word on the matter, I am not here
to argue the physics/field theories/metallurgy/dielectric issues/.etc, etc.
of high-end audio; a field admittedly rife with BS and snake oil and which
incurs the disdain of not only myself but every other designer who actually
knows what he/she is doing; and there are several women in this business
who -do- know what they are doing; my best fiend in life amoung them.
I hope you noticed that 'cheater' wants to build a recording studio and
that Matt has been building microphone preamps and developed a nV capable
measuring instrument and -that- is what the thread is about so kindly
desist from your high-handed, wholly uniformed derision.

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 7:32 PM Bob Albert via groups.io <bob91343=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I can neither verify nor dispute this stuff but it certainly smacks of
snake oil.
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 06:26:21 PM PDT, Roy Thistle <
roy.thistle@mail.utoronto.ca> wrote:

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 11:32 AM, Liam Perkins wrote:

https://www.pearl-hifi.com/03_Prod_Serv/Cryo/Cryo_Intro.html
I've a broken wrist... so typing hurts... but what hurts worse if the
above link.
I like to think TekScopes is about the art, science, and technology of
Tektronix.
The above link, IMHO... and it is my opinion!... has nothing to do with
this.
I'll call what the link purports non-sense. Again, my opinion.
The link has appeared on TekScopes before.
--
Roy Thistle