Re: WTB: Tek 576 and P6015A

Michael W. Lynch

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 01:53 PM, Chris Wilkson wrote:

I have a line on a working 576...I'm going to look at it this Friday.

I know there are problems with the HV transformers in the 576 but I think
later units corrected it with a redesign?.
Anyone know a safe cutoff for bad / good serial #'s? This one is SN B315461

Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for on a used 576 besides
the HV xfmr and the usual broken knobs/bent shafts?
Chris,

Your serial # is in the range that had the "Good" Black silicone potted HV XFMR. The "BAD" ones are B024999 and below. Printact Relays are always a problem with the 576. Dim or burned CRTs are another. There are a ton of filter capacitors in these things, especially the power supply that can and do go bad. Dirty and sticking switches are another huge issue. Most of this can be fixed if necessary. Checking the calibration is also essential as there are many adjustments that can drift over time.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR