Re: 465 Capacitor Refit Adapters

Bill

I got all the old capacitors out. Took a while but I didn't damage the PCB or the traces.

I found, as someone else had found, that using solder wick with solder rosin flux smeared on it did a good job of removing the solder. In fact it worked so well I was able to use a 30 watt Velleman soldering iron to do it. After removing as much solder as I could I used an old Weller 100/140 watt solder gun to heat the capacitors connections as I wiggled them out very carefully. This worked very well. Just go slow and don't get carried away when wiggling them.

Many thanks to all for current and past recommendations here on how to do it!!

Bill