Re: Recoloring Plastic Parts #photo-notice

Are you sure that the plastic itself has changed color? If looks like the grey spots are collected in depressions of the plastic's texture, which suggests that it is a separate material that has been worn away by handling. Admittedly, his interpretation is contradicted by the fact that we don't seem to see the discoloration on the screen, metal, or beige plastic parts, but I had very similar grey spatter on a 475, which was removed using isopropyl alcohol (and a generous amount of elbow grease).

I would try soaking the case in IPA and then rubbing with a soft cloth or paper towel. Maybe start with just the fold out foot and see how it works.

-- Jeff Dutky