Re: Plastic Part for a 3L5

Michael W. Lynch

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 12:54 PM, Jim Adney wrote:

Well, right now it's buried in my 3L5, but maybe I can get a somewhat useful
macro shot of it. I'm more likely to be able to make a sketch from the almost
unreadable drawing and take a photo of that. It's NOT a lathe part; all right
angles and square inside and outside corners.

I believe a replacement could be much beefier than the original. The OE Tek
part strikes me as skimpy and weak. I like the idea of making one from
Aluminum, but there's plenty of room to make plastic replacements with much
thicker walls.
Jim,

I certainly understand being buried in a project. I have time and 3D printers, willing to help if needed.

I was thinking of that shaft collar that was round and had a single groove in the center to move a slide switch. From your description, it sounds like a more complex part.

When 3D printing this type of part, it is almost essential to have old parts on an example to direct measure and to see the finer details of the part. If you have room, the part can certainly be made heavier.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. .

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR