Re: TDS220 bootup??

Pwrelectronics

Yes orange lines... When slapped, the screen goes to the normal monochrome white and boot-up messages. The orange lines are in a specific pattern (these are horizontal lines) and it appears the back light is working.

I am presuming that the orange lines are what you get when there is no input to the display board from the motherboard? I am only assuming the issue is with the mother board because it goes to the boot up self test when shocked. If the issue was with the display board, I would expect that it would come up as "normal" with a mechanical shock well after the mother board booted and not see the self test messages at that point.